Question
Posted by: Worried | 2007/04/29

Nightly rash/itch possibly eczema?

Hi Dr

I have had a problem lately with a skin rash and terrible itch usually an hour or so before bed time. There's no visible bumps until i start scratching (varies between legs, arms, tummy, back, usually just one or two areas at a time)

I have been treated for scalp eczema recently and had a scalp solution that worked very well but I am not sure this is the same thing. I have been diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome and am taking paxil daily.

I dont think its a contact allergy as I have been sleeping in the same bed for the last year, and the itching sometimes starts when I am in the study or sleeping over at my parents house. I also have different sleeping garments, so i dont think its a specific item of clothing.

I am currently using allergex and tea tree oil, but some nights i struggle for hours to get to sleep.

I really dont know what this is - eczema, psoriasis, bed bugs?

I hope you might have an idea.
Thanks.

Dear Worried
i don't think it is eczema, psoriasis or bed bugs, ask your doctor to check your liverfunctions - it could maybe caused by high bile pigment levels in the blood.