Question
Posted by: Five | 2005/11/30

Night Sweats

Some nights I wake up soaked from sweat ... what would cause this (note exclude alcohol related reasons).

It is more prevalent when I have excercised at 18h00 and gone to bed about 22h00, wake up roughly 01h00 soaked?.

many thanks

Five, the most common cause is an underlying infection, thyroid problems or a hormonal problem, but it might be due to something more sinister. The best would be to see your doctor and have him sort it out for you. Good luck.

3
Posted by: TN - FOR FIVE | 2005/12/01

That's another problem I have too. Also not alcohol or "hot-spice" related. I wake up at night drenched in sweat. It's very annoying. I also thought of TB and things like that but then again I don't cough or show any other symptoms related to TB. I suspect I have problems with my thyroid, although TSH showed normal. I wrote to Cyber doc about that as well, and I see in your reply that it might have something to do with the thyroid - though they mention hyperthyroidism - and I'm struggling with hypothyroidism. Interesting - I'm 35 yr female - but we still don't know what's causing it

Reply to TN - FOR FIVE
Posted by: FIVE | 2005/12/01

38 (39 in Jan2006) - Male

Reply to FIVE
Posted by: shaz | 2005/11/30

You don't say how old you are. There could be any number of reasons from TB to Hyperthyroidism etc. It would be best to go to your doctor to diagnose the problem.

Reply to shaz