Posted by: Hein | 2008/07/14

Night sweat

Lately I sweat a lot in bed, but only the last hour or two before I get up in the morning. However, this doesn't happen every night. I wear only a short and sleep under the sheet and duvet. What I find strange is that it is cold at night (it is winter), but I'll still be soaking wet. I also suffer from extremely cold hands in winter. I get "winter hands" which a dermatologist diagnosed as Perniosis. My research has shown that night sweat and cold hands may be a thyroid problem, but I don't see the other symptoms. (Although my metabolism has increased the last few months to the level it was when I was a teenager.) I am an adult man.

Dear Hein
Night sweats are often a sign of underlying infection, TB or some cancers so you should have a thorough medical examination to exclude this. Try vit B3 for the wintershands.

Posted by: amanda | 2009/03/10

Ek is 35jr en weeg 64kg. Ek sweet in die nag so dat ek moet opstaan en droog moet aantrek. Dit kan koud wees, ek hoef nie onder duvet te lê  nie ek sweet.

Reply to amanda