Question
Posted by: Worried | 2007/08/03

Night Sweat

I get this bad, soaking night sweats every now and then. Sometimes 2x a week and then for weeks on niothing will happen. Been to the doctor and tested for TB/HIV - as all the medical internet litrature - Like Health24 sugest that it may be the cause. It's now cleared that it is not any of the 2 mentioned. The funny thing is that it occurs more often at this time of the year - I distinctly remember last year this time, I had it almost 2x every week. I dont know what else to do a my GP said that all seems fine to him.

Dear Worried
How old are you and are you male or female? Are you on any medication?
See http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=57394

1
Posted by: Still worried | 2007/08/07

Thank you for the reply,

I'm a 34 year old male, The sweats is only at times and I cant track a constant patern. I'm on no medication, dont use drugs or alcohol. The only bad thing I do is smoking about 15 sigarettes a day.

I've got a tooth that is not sore but I know I need to go to a dentist to get a Root Canal - Been told that there might be a bit of infection in the Jaw area according to a Panorex taken about a year ago.

I saw on your previous cases that night sweats can be linked to infection - will something small like a tooth be enough to lead to Night Sweat?

My dad was just diagnosed with cancer and he told me that he had bad night sweats the last couple of months...

I know that I do sometimes have a lot of work related stress due to almost unreachable deadlines... but apparantly it is very rare that this will lead to Night Sweat. I dont know what other tests I should be doing....

Reply to Still worried