Question
Posted by: GW | 2003/03/24

Night sweat

I had a historectomy 7 months ago. Only the uterus. Had fibroids. so still have my ovaries.

I have gained about 5 kg since. Had before op. and still have highbloodpressure. I know as I eat properly & excercise my bloodpressure seems to come down. I'm using 5 mg zestril.

Taking in mind that I don't have a healthy lifestyle currently; I wake up in the early hours of the morning with something that feels like a purging of sweat through my pores. My neck is soaking wet, as is my face. My bed is then wet as well. I don't feel that my bladder is full but if I go to the toilet it seems to be quit full.
I'm not sure if it is just my lifestyle ie lack of excecise ect, or maybe hormones.

Having hipertention, I don't want to be treated unnecesseraly for hormone replacement and vice verse. Could it rather be a kidney thing?

Should I go & see a dr. or is it just my lack of living healthy?

Not Living healthy meaning: I use to excercise daily- quit busy currently. Binge a lot on chips & cookies.
I do avoid alcohol. For the past week had none & still sweating. I only drink 3 cups of coffee a day, & drink about 1 - 2 litres of water everyday.

I don't want to go & see a Dr unnecessary.

Please advice
GW

The easiest way to see whether these symptoms are menopausal is to have your doctor do a blood test to check the hormones. That way you will know if hormone treatment should be considered.