Question
Posted by: Sunflower | 2007/07/12

Night blindness

I would like to know if I have been 3 times in 15 years on Roaccutane, if I could have night blindness afterwards? Currently I struggle to see well during night time or driving during early mornings (on the freeway without street lights). I am nearsighted, for which I wear glasses for driving, but I feel it helps little, with the night blindness as well. Is there something I can do or an operation / laser operation? Thank you.

Dear Sunflower
Decreased night vision is a side effect of Roaccutane - I would suggest you rather see an optometrist for an evaluation and if needed, you can see an ophtalmologist - it is difficult for me to say if for your condition an operation would help.