Question
Posted by: Tika | 2006/11/09

Nicotine in blood stream?

Hi everyone, can somebody please tell me how long does nicotine stay in the blood stream? How much do you have to smoke for it to show in your blood stream?

I don't know, but I'm sure you could find out on a Google search --- and I wonder why you're asking ? Are you palnning to try to pas a test ?

6
Posted by: Playgirl | 2006/11/09

Sorry Kat - I probably should have said, negative to KONTINIEN (thats the chemicals name in Afrikaans).

Reply to Playgirl
Posted by: Echelle | 2006/11/09

7 years or that's what I heard

Reply to Echelle
Posted by: kat | 2006/11/09

hi again its not nicotine they look for with insurance its another chemical from smoking, and they pick it up if they are looking for it.

Reply to kat
Posted by: Playgirl | 2006/11/09

Tika - I also had to go for a blood test - that my FATHER insisted on, and I smoked (till today neither parents know I smoke), so I totally stopped smoking for 4 days straight, drank AHELL of alot of water, and got some pills from the pharmacy - and yippp, the results came back negative for nicotine.

Reply to Playgirl
Posted by: kat | 2006/11/09

hi from an unsurance point of view they do blood tests and those tests show certain chemicals that stay in the blood for 12 months.

Reply to kat
Posted by: Tika | 2006/11/09

Nope, my friend has to go for blood tests and called me in panic because she's smoking secretly. Boyfriend and parents don't know!
But thanx anyway!

Reply to Tika