Question
Posted by: Jack Noir | 2007/04/20

Nicks etc...

Ok, so I am fascinated by people...
One of the most facinating things, especially on the "WWW" is the use of "handles" or "nicks".

Can you please tell me, if you want to of course, what your nick means. I find it fascinating to find out why people use the "nicks" they do, it gives an insigt into their psyche and what makes them tick.

Mine is my first name and the Noir bit, ads a bit of mystery as per the classic Film Noir genre. But it relates to the bit of "darkness" or "shadow" that is within us all.

Good gods, that reads very "flaky" and what is with all these "??

Cheers ;)

Expert ImageGay, lesbian and bisexual expert

:)

19
Posted by: LONEWOLF | 2007/04/24

Hi Jack Noir

Seems like patience and more patience is the name of the game for this Wolf.

Keep well

Reply to LONEWOLF
Posted by: Jack Noir | 2007/04/23

To Mysterious Deeve:
I am grinning like a Jack O Lantern on Halloween, except I have all my teeth.
Duly noted.

To Lone Wolf:
We are all pack animals by nature, your pack is waiting for you out there. You might find another Lone Wolf out there thinking just the same way you are.
Hang tight as I am sure that it will happen sooner than you think.

Me

Reply to Jack Noir
Posted by: LONEWOLF | 2007/04/23

A lone wolf is a wolf that lives by itself rather than with others as part of a pack.

It is actually quite ambivalent in a sense in that I am usually by myself and most of the time quite happy about it, yet I crave companionship. Maybe I should define it as a lone hunter?

Reply to LONEWOLF
Posted by: Deeve | 2007/04/23

Well, well Jack Noir,
Mine is just a mysterious 'nic' that leaves one wondering...or what?
It really does have some sort of meaning to me....but I like the 'Greeneyes' effect....keeping certain things to oneself! Cheers

Reply to Deeve
Posted by: Confused | 2007/04/21

Hi Jack.

I think my nick speaks for itself. Eventhough I'm a happy homosexual, the journey is not over yet...

;-)

Reply to Confused
Posted by: Jack Noir | 2007/04/21

I am looking forward for mysterious Deeve to tell us about his.

Reply to Jack Noir
Posted by: Jack Noir | 2007/04/21

Hmmm...the mind boggles.

Reply to Jack Noir
Posted by: Neil | 2007/04/21

I'm waiting for Donkey to please explain his nick?

Reply to Neil
Posted by: Jack Noir | 2007/04/20

I am sure to be completely out and about is fantastic, but I think that it is in our nature to wear masks of one form or the other during our lives.

Masks let us express and experience,not only what we are not, but also what we may be.

I am in a very philisophical mood today!

Reply to Jack Noir
Posted by: GreenEyes | 2007/04/20

Hey Cindy...

Good on ya babe.....
Am also of the 'blatanly open and straight forward' family... but enjoy the anonymity (sp??)...
See, i'm not 'out' to many people as being bisexual (leaning toward lesbian...) so if, by some utter freak of (bad) luck someone i know visits this site.... hmm... wouldn't be very pleasant for me....

Have a fab wknd!

xx

Reply to GreenEyes
Posted by: Cindy | 2007/04/20

Mine is genuinely my own name-i've never understood the appeal of a nick, I'm perhaps to blatantly open and straight forwards for my own good. I hope that all of you have an awesome, safe weekend.

Reply to Cindy
Posted by: Jack Noir | 2007/04/20

To Art:

Thanks, found the post, very good reading...

Me

Reply to Jack Noir
Posted by: Jack Noir | 2007/04/20

Ignore the typo's please.
Typing too fast.

Reply to Jack Noir
Posted by: Art | 2007/04/20

Hi Jack,

There was a post I submitted regarding this (look in the archives if you can in Jan/Feb this yea, can't remember, but you will find it) Most of the forum users have responded. Mine is short for my name, plus "Art" is synonomous with creativity because "Our life is the greatest work of ART"!
Enjoy!

Reply to Art
Posted by: Divo Suprimo | 2007/04/20

Well, mine is a combination of both my personality and my interests. It reveals my flair for languages, my appreciation for all things divine and who I am. It's all in the name.

Reply to Divo Suprimo
Posted by: Chameleon_boy | 2007/04/20

Hmmm, my nick kinda speek for itself, but 4 me it symbolises the many faces i change into during my daily life - mostly to protect myself

Reply to Chameleon_boy
Posted by: Jack Noir | 2007/04/20

Aaaahhh...

That is cool, thanksfor replying.
I was very sceptical that poeple would reply as the Nicks do tend to be personal and it does give a certain anonymity.

Reply to Jack Noir
Posted by: Boyboy | 2007/04/20

Well mine's a nickname I had since very young as I was the only boy in my family :) Well, how fitting it turned out to be!

Reply to Boyboy
Posted by: Gaby | 2007/04/20

I was part of group called the Noirs.

Sounds silly but I can relate to it.

My name is the name I want for my first girl child.

XxX
Gaby

Reply to Gaby