Question
Posted by: Ginger | 2008/01/28

Next steps

Dear FS

I had a tubal reversal in last year, my FS told me to try and conceive naturally for a year before returning to him. I however don't have time on my side & want to know if IUI should be the next step or at least a monitored cycle. I'm 40 years already, & can’t wait for a year. Please let me know the cost of IUI at your centre a friend had success with you & I would like to meet with your team once my budget is sorted out.

IUI may well be a reasonable option to expedite conception. However, the success would significantly depend on whether the tubal reversal as been successful or not. My advice therefore would be to have the tube assessed by means of a hysterosalpingogram (hsg x-ray). Should the tubes be patent or at least one tube be patent then IUI may well be considered. Details of costs may be obtained by contacting the manager at Bioart, or emailing her at aziza@bioartfertily.co.za.