Posted by: amber | 2008/06/20

Next step to fertility enquiry?

Hi there

How would I go about finding out whether I have problems conceiving or not, ie Fertility,etc. I am 25 and my partner 26.My partner and I have been active for 5 years of which the first 2 I was on Diane-35. We have been trying for a baby but to no avail. I am not using any vitamins or fertility drugs and have never been to a gynae before. My mother had problems with conceiving and did have a miscarriage at 5 months when I was little, could this be a problem that I could have? Is there a possibility that I may have been pregnant and have had a miscarriage without me knowing and thinking it was a heavy period? I have had instances where my period is extremely heavy for the first 3 days and would look like thick lining and not even like a normal period.

How would a Gynae determine whether Im fertile or not and what should my partner do? We are both quite worried as we would like to know whether we are able to have children once we marry, but have always used the analogy- when its meant to be, it will be.... but its getting a bit uneasy now.

I do hope you can help me.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

I really think that it would be best if you are examined by a doctor. There are various tests we do on both the male and female partner to find out the cause of the problem. It's difficult to say whether you have the same problem as your mother if you haven't been assessed yourself.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Nix | 2008/06/20


Reply to Nix
Posted by: amber | 2008/06/20

Should I post the same question again in that forum?

Reply to amber
Posted by: Tieta | 2008/06/20

Hi amber

Please come to the INfertility forum, not that you are infertile, but there are so many ladies that will try and assist you. You should contact a fertility specialist.

Reply to Tieta

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.