Question
Posted by: Me... | 2004/01/15

New-years resolutions still pending

Hi there...

I still have my New-years resolutions pending, i said i am going to take up something other than my gym... like karate etc cycling etc... and then a friend recommended we try Yoga...

I am wondering and hoping you can explain the benefits and stuff of Yoga... as we are quite intrested to try it!

Thanking you in advance.
Me.

Expert ImageYoga

Dear Me - tough question because there is so much I can say... Firstly you will increase your physical strength, flexibility and endurance but in addition yoga cleanses the body and mind, calms and relaxes the mind and reduces blood pressure. It relieves backache, builds the immune system and the breathing techniques and meditation still the mind, reducing stress - and that’s only the start!! You will age more gradually and gracefully - building muscle tone around the joints, which helps protect brittle bones, maintains flexibility and avoids the stoop typical of advanced years.
To quote: “Yoga offers practical tools to short-circuit the stress reflex. Documented benefits include a reduction in blood pressure, heart rate, cholesterol and blood sugar.” Dr Herbert Benson (Harvard Medical School)
So can you see any reason not to try it?
Chris

1
Posted by: Me | 2004/01/19

Thanx Chris... the info is much appreciated! We have found a place in bedfordview over the weekend and are starting on Thursday!

Looking forward to it!

Me

Reply to Me