Question
Posted by: AB | 2004/11/10

New technology at Stellenbosch university

I had read somewhere that a doctor in Stellenbosch university did a procedure for a couple whereby they could conceive a baby with their choice of the gender of the baby. It was a successful procedure, and I would like more info on this new technology. I would also like to know what this doctor's name is.

It is possible to seperate sperm into those carrying the X and Y and then fertilise the egg with the specific sperm. This does involve an IVF method,as the sperm and eggs are extracted, fertilised in a test tube and then put back. It is possible for most fertility experts to do this.

Best wsihes

1
Posted by: Dubious | 2004/11/10

This procedure is definitely not fool proof. Naas Botha had this procedure done - whereby they remove all the male chromosomes from the sperm in order to have a girl for instance. Well he had all his female chromosomes removed and he still had another gil.

Reply to Dubious