Question
Posted by: chantelle | 2007/08/22

New Position

Hi All
I would like to find out about this, I work for my company as a receptionist for 4 years now and also I'm the only one earning lowest salary in the whole company, but still running all the job from the Secretary to the Receptionist, July this year I had my PA, I raised the point that I'm bored cause my job is one and the same thing for everyday, so I think that is why when comes to increase I get less percentage, I was promised that I would take over on the Events & Training corodinating position so that atleast there is something else I'm doing that will push up the ratings when its time for the increase I'll receive a better one , to my suprise that post has been advertised today on career junction, what do I do, do I confront them about this advert or do I look for another job cause it looks like they don't trust me with that the position, I have not yet started the position yet because the company is moving to the new premises in October

Your input will be appreciated

I hiope you can all be helpful to each other, but I really have no expertise in such work issues and finding better jobs

4
Posted by: grammar | 2007/08/23

check out your grammar first! and yes just apply for the position and if you feel somewhat prejudiced (not by colour) then you can challenge them through the right channels! CCMA

Reply to grammar
Posted by: O | 2007/08/23

Why not just apply for it? You could confront them too but I suggest you apply.

Reply to O
Posted by: chantelle | 2007/08/22

Hi MT

no its not on paper it was just written on my PA form that's all
I'll try and confront her

Thank a lot

Reply to chantelle
Posted by: MT | 2007/08/22

terrible to hear. Did they promise you this on paper. I know some people will just promise you things to get you out of their face.
I would suggest that you confront the person who promised you the position, maybe there might be a miss understanding.

Reply to MT