Question
Posted by: anxious | 2006/11/12

NEW MEDICATION

CD

I think I am finally winning the battle with my nose! I do still suffer quite a bit during the day - I have been using my saline and bactroban (I nearly put my bactroban in my eye the other day (I guess i thought it was my eye drops! - fortunately i realised in time!) and they both are coming to an end. I was using the saline 2 puffs into each nostril 3x a day but still seem to have puffiness and blocked feeling - and its still a bit sore - but I will see what happens Wed. I remain convinced that I have a noticeable improvement during the night - why the difference (day/night) I'm not quite sure!

My question is HeartDoc said she seemed to think there was a new drug possibly coming out in SA which is a combination of Ezetrol and Lipitor - it is available in US and incredibly popular and widely used there - I take both for my cholesterol. I just wondered if u knew anything and if u knew what the drug is called?

Will let u know what happens on Wed.

BTW - I am getting a free post-op consult - I found out from my brother's friend who went for her post-op consult before me - she was in the same ward as me! That's what I would have expected for just under R7000! I have to cough up R1250 - that Discovery rejected! Medical aid rates are from the iron age - they are nothing short of pathetic! I am not suggesting for 1 min that they should pay the private specialist rates - but a substantial improvement in their rates is long overdue! (SAMA said the same thing in a newspaper article recently!)

Hi Anxious
good to hear from you again and I'm glad that it is going well. I am not aware of this combination being available in SA but your pharmacist may know?