Posted by: Dan | 2003/01/29

New Lump.

Hi There Doc.
I recently spotted a little lump on my left testicle and would like to know if that is cancerous or not must i worry about it or leave it. If i need to worry please let me have a number in who i can phone and ask questions.Thanks. I am scared in going to a doc to get tested what must i do?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageSexologist

A lesion on the scrotal skin which is distinct and separate from the testicle itself could be a sebaceous cyst( a swelling of an oil gland in the skin) or just a simple acne like lesion. These could potentially persist more than a few days and may eventually come to head and then pop open and drain. A testicular lesion ,on the other hand, is always cause for attention and should be attended to and evaluated right away. The primary concern in such case is testicular cancer.

Testicular cancer is a serious disease which should be evaluated and treated promptly. This is a highly treatable and curable disease, if caught early. It could otherwise be quite deadly. The peak age for testicular tumor is between ages of 15 to 34. It may present as a swelling or mass on one testicle ( and rarely on both) . This may be painless or sometimes painful. Regardless, any testicular or scrotal abnormality in a male should be evaluated by a physician , preferably a urologist, right away.

Good Luck
Dr Elna Mcintosh

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.