Question
Posted by: Kristen | 2008/05/29

New Job

Morning CS, I was offered a job yesterday that almost doubled my current salary, and after going for 2 interviews and then being shortlisted it seemed liked a real achievment. So I resigned yesterday. My boss did not seem happy. He really is such a great person and treats all his staff like family. So I plucked up the courage to tell him and thought I'd feel better after but I'm not the new job is such a fantastic opportunity but I'm just not happy.

Gosh. I hope the job offer is absolutely firm ( so that you can be sure of it, having resigned ). As your old boss is such a nice guy, and working for him has been pleasant and a good family-like experience, you may very naturally feel a bit sad and guilty at the prospect of leaving him ; and facing something new, even if good, is also a bit stressful. Also, working towards a major achievement like this, one often finds that one feels more flat, and less delighted than you expected, when it is finally achieved. Good luck with the new position, and may it be even more than you hoped for

2
Posted by: Santie Booyens | 2009/02/27

Ek is doof ek wil graag aansoek vir werk.

Reply to Santie Booyens
Posted by: almost mad | 2008/05/29

u need to assess the reasons u not happy. is it because u feel guilty for leaving your current boss and job? is it because you scared of trying something new? are you scared you wont have that family enviroment at your new job? once you can really pin point the problem, it might become easier to deal with. if its none of the above and you totally clueless, then you need to decide if its worth the extra money, or would u just be happy staying where u are. what ever decision you make, dont regret it. follow your heart.

Reply to almost mad