Question
Posted by: Annelize | 2007/04/02

New Job

Hello Everyone
I'm so angry today, I feel like I can pop an artery. I went for an interview last week for a job that pays a lot better and the hours are also much better. My bf an I were planning on going on holiday for 10 days from 20 April, but the new place said I have to start working on 16 April, and that means no holiday by the sea. We did not pay a deposit yet but my boyfriend is really pissed off with me. What does he want? I have a lot of finacial problems and I need to sort them out. I need the money bacause I cant expect him to go on paying for everything. I understand that he needs a brake because he has a really stressful job, but I need a holiday too and I can't go and it's not the end of the world. Am I wrong here? It just feels no matter if I take the job or not, I'm not doing anything right!

Annoying, but that's the way it works. When you applied for the new job, didn't you know when they wanted the appointee to start work ? SOunds like you have a better sense of priorities than your bf, as getting your finances sorted out is more urgent and important than having a holiday by the sea. I haven't had one for 40 years, and I'm no complaining ! Maybe he can have a break now on his own, and the pair of you have another break later in the year that suits you both better.

4
Posted by: OP | 2007/04/03

Maybe you could negotiate with your prospective employers? They often don't mind you know. Just a thought

Reply to OP
Posted by: Maria | 2007/04/02

Congrats on getting much better job. Hopefully your bf will get over his disappointment soon. And if he doesn't, perhaps it is time for a new bf too?

Reply to Maria
Posted by: RMC | 2007/04/02

And you can make lotsa moola and go somewhere even nicer! And besides, it is school holidays now and if you habe not paid the deposit you might not get the place === AND - take your holiday OFF peak and get a better rate!

Reply to RMC
Posted by: Jason | 2007/04/02

You're 100% right. It is important to you and he should take responsibility for his own anger. It is not the end of the world.

Reply to Jason