Question
Posted by: Lola | 2006/07/31

new diet-will it work??

hi there Diet Doc. I started a new diet today.It is from a dietician that was passed on to me. it consists of 1450 calories one day and 13350 calories the next. i dont have a problem with it as you eat banana's and shakes in between main meals,so effectively eat 5-6 small meals a day. And it makes me lose my appetite anyway. the only problem i have is that i cant eat the seed loaf gi bread everyday as it makes me bloated and uncomfortable. so im trying another low gi bread that has a bit of rye in it too. its very nice.I may cheat a little here and there. will this dramatically hinder weight loss?
i am 20 years old, 85kgs and desperate to lose weight.just to be healthy! i drink on average 8 glasses per day some days bit more (when gyming). How often should i go to gym to begin with..3 days a week? any idea how long it will take me to start seeing results? from this week- i will have NO take out,junk food, alcohol, fizzy cooldrink and so on. All the things that are bad for me i am stopping!

Dear Lola
Congratulations for taking this momentous decision in your life. You can certainly substitute the rye bread for the seed loaf if the latter causes bloating. Experts agree that we all need to do 30 min of exercise a day or 60 min every second day. You should lose at least 1 kg per week, so those results should happen soon.
Keep up the good work