Question
Posted by: Jenny | 2006/03/30

New Born Baby with Yellow Whites of Eyes

My daughter gave birth to a healthy boy weighing 2.94 on 15 March. He had jaundice, but only very slightly and you cannot actually see any yellow any more. I do notice though that the white of his eyes are a little yellow. As my son-in-law's brother suffer from Chron's Disease, do we have anything to worry about, or must we wait time out for a while and see if it changes to 100% white?

Dear Jenny
It probably is still due to post natal jaundice - let him lie in the sun for a few minutes each day ( preferably in-house with sun coming through the window in the morning or late afternoon) Ask the doctor to follow up on his 6 weeks examination.