Question
Posted by: Anony | 2004/11/12

Never happy in my relationship

my boyfriend and I have been together for a year and some months. He has hurt me in the past and its hard for me to get over those things. Sometimes things will trigger those bad memories and it all comes back to me. I always confront him about it and we talk but sometimes he gets upset with me. I don't know how to overcome what he has done to me. Things are going okay between us. I take things one day at a time. he says he loves me and wants to spend the rest of his life with me. I still have too many issues with him and I can't feel secure in the relationship.

Counselling, surely ? And marriage counselling / relationship counsellinng, as a pair ?

1
Posted by: Lucia | 2004/11/12

Hi Anony

You can't plod along like this as well. Why don't you suggest to your b/friend that you would like to go for couples councelling. If he really cares, he would be more than willing.

Reply to Lucia