Question
Posted by: Jen | 2007/08/03

neutered male wanting to do his bit.

I have got 2 neutered males, small dogs, and have the problem with them when my female comes into season. I breed with her once every year or 2, she is a registered animal and I am a registered breeder.
I have to watch these 2 males more than I have to watch the male I use to breed, because he is a gentleman. My female is removed from the others and put away safely till she is mated. These neutered males are ready to do there deed. What is there need to want to do this if they are nipped. The one male is been nipped 5 years ago and the other 3yrs ago. I have to put these guys away first then walk my female out to go do here business. I have seen and hear that neautered dogs are still able to do there bit and also noted that they tie and everything but it is just the fact that there is no semen.
Is there a way of stopping them?

You can ask your vet to do a blood test and check their hormone levels. It may be necessary to give them an injection of a hormone to settle them down when the bitch is in oestrus.