Question
Posted by: Maureen | 2008/01/03

Neurobion

I am emailing from Australia. When I immigrated here, I brought with a few boxes of neurobion ampoules as you cannot get it in Aus. This morning I noticed the boxes expired in Oct 2007. Do you think they would still be okay to use now or should I throw them away?

Also, what is the exact best position to be injected on the buttocks? My hubby is terrified he will hit the sciatic nerve. (He knows how to inject but not sure where to inject exactly).
Many thanks!

Hallo Maureen
One should rather not use medication that has expired as the effectivity and chemical composition may change after the expiry date. In practice most medications will still be effective for a few months after the expiry date. For injection - divide the buttocks on one side in 4 quarters and only inject in the upper outer 1/4 .
dr Bets