Posted by: jah_man | 2009/01/30


how do I get intouch wit CBT form and how do I get the medications of antidepressant form.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

FOr ANY sort of medication, you need to see at least a really good GP, preferably a local psychiatrist ( who is thus also medically qualified ) for a proper assessment, to be sure what is the right diagnosis and nto select with you the best treatment --- and get a prescription for it. CBT is a form of counselling some psychiatrists and more psychologists can provide. If you check out the Anxiety-Depression Support Group ( number on this page ) by phone or their website, they list many shrinks who can provide CBT, and could help you find one in your area.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: bonitaj | 2009/01/30

Hi Nervous!!
Sounds like you do have a lot of anxiety. You will need to see your Dr. (GP) and if he thinks it is serious enough - he will prescribe an anti-depressant and/or refer you to a psychiatrist if he thinks it is more serious. CBT is a form of BEHVIOURAL THERAPY which teaches you how to " TALK TO YOURSELF"  and deal more positively with your depression.
Good luck!

Reply to bonitaj

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.