Posted by: Garfield | 2008/09/03

Nerves heeeeeeeeeeellllllpp!!

Hi CS,

Welcome back - I hope you had a lovely time.

I have a huge presentation tomorrow &  my nerves get the better of me during public speaking to the extent that I hyper ventilate and people can hardly hear what I am saying.

I am going to see a CBT psychologist about this to work on it, but as an interim measure, is there something I can take or my Dr can prescribe for me just to take the edge off once off events like tomorrow?

I have never taken anything like this, so I am a bit clueless ... would rescue remedy work ... is there anything stronger?

Many Thanks as always,

Garfield p.s - wish me luck please at the very least :-)

I am sure your presentation will go fine, and your quality will be obvious. The CBT will indeed help, but probably not before tomorrow ! Rscue Remedy may help --- don't look for anything stronger, or it would probably make you sleepy and drunk, which would surtely not enhance your presentation. A doc could give you Propranolol, which would calm you PHYSICALLY ( IF you are trembly, sweaty and with racing pulse ).
Rehearse calmly at home, to be sure its the right length, and to hear for yourself how good it sounds.
Of course we wish you good luck --- you'll do fine ! Tell us tomorrow afternoon how well it went !

Try some Rescue remedy from Weleda - will calm you a little.
All the best!