Question
Posted by: Annie | 2004/11/18

nerve pain?

Is there any over the counter meds that I can take for nerve pain? I have tingling and numbness around my chest area and in my hands and feet - have had all the tests done by doctors and nothing was found. My last 2 doctors both said it was an irritation of the nerves - neuralgia / and paresthesia. Is there something to help this condition that I can take without a script?

Expert ImagePharmacist

Annie,

Dis your doctors put you on any treatment? If they did you should not take any additional painkillers with that without consulting your pharmacist/doc first.
OTC combination painkillers may prove to be effective: Products combining codeine and aspirin/paracetamol e.g Codis. Should the pain be related to a "pinched" nerve due to muscle spasm it may be worth trying a product that contains a muscle relaxant, eg. Norflex Co.