Posted by: anon mp | 2007/04/05


HI, I'm a 27 year old female who for the last year has been suffering with a slight jerk in my right elbow. i've seen my gp who prescribed zink tablets that did not work and i've seen a neurologist who also had me on medication that did not work.the sensation is worse when i'm anxious and slightly painful when i'm cold.please advise...

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Anon mp
If the neurologist did not diagnose any specific disease like MS and if your nerve tests were normal ( which I hoped they did), I think you should see a good physio. Many of these symptoms are caused by muscle spasms, triggerpoints and other soft tissue problems. When you sort out the problem in the neck/shoulder, the jerk would probably go away. They should also have tested your magnesium, potassium and calcium blood levels to ensure that this is not due to an electrolyte imbalance.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.