Question
Posted by: Mandy | 2008/01/25

Nephrotic Syndrome

After numerous blood tests to establish what might have caused my kidney damage, everything was negative and/or normal, except for my loss of albumin/protein. My 24 hour urine test indicate that i loose at least 6,5 grams of protein a day. Im scheduled to visit a Nephrologist next week, but maybe you can help me. I am just so worried and read alot about this syndrome and most of the time it ends up in a kidney transplant/failure. I want to know how dangerous this can be? It just occured suddenly an my GP thinks that it couldn't be chronic. What am I to do and think, I am so scared.

Dear Mandy

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

I suggest that you stay calm until you have seen the Nephrologist. He/she will be able to shed more light on your condition than what I can. If left untreated, Nephrotic Syndrome, can lead to kidney failure but you should not be concerned about this now.

Kind regards

1
Posted by: Mandy | 2008/01/25

I forgot to add that Im 31 and doesnt have kids, yet. And I also don't have kidney problems in my family. Thought it might help.

Reply to Mandy