Question
Posted by: Rish | 2008/01/16

Nephrotic Syndrome

Hi. I have recently been diagnosed with Mininimal Change Disease (type of Nephrotic Syndrone) as well as Hypothyroidism. My Blood Pressure (155/105) and Cholestrol (9.83) is also high. My physician has prescribed Crestor medication for the cholestrol but Internet research shows that there are many side effects and should not be used by renal patients. Any recommendations. I am also trying to establish a good eating plan. Any suggestions?

Dear Rish
As I am the Diet Expert I would recommend that you ask Cyberdoc or your chemist about the side-effects of Crestor and the fact that renal patients should not be using it. Because you have multiple problems I would recommend that you consult a clinical dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area). The dietitian will have to work out an individual diet for you that takes your nephrotic syndrome, high bp and cholesterol into account - this not something I can do for you over the Internet. Click on 'Diet' and 'You are what you eat' and read the 'Healthy Heart' section.

3
Posted by: mariam | 2008/08/28

I would like to know the foods a 2 year old is allowed to eat while getting treatment for this syndrome.

Reply to mariam
Posted by: LB | 2008/07/14

I'm 39, 1.6m tall & weigh 56kg. How many kj am I allowed per day?

Reply to LB
Posted by: LB | 2008/07/14

I'm 39 years old and is currently on a balanced diet, which was subscribed to me by a dietician. My cholostrol stays high and the dr wants me to go on medication. Will this be safe?

Reply to LB