Question
Posted by: nicky | 2007/08/07

neostrata

Goodmorning doc! i am a 22 year old female with bad acne scars on my face. My problem is whenever i get pimples it makes a scar (whether i leave them alone or not)A red ice pick mark. I am currently using scin free and bio-oil for the marks, however the bio-oil seems to give me more acne(pimples) I have been to a dermatoligist before, but the treatment didnt wor for me. I am a student, so i do not have the money to go and see a docter or dermatoligist so often. Is there anything that you can recommend for me to get rid of my scars (its red and swollen marks and my doctor described them as ice-peck marks) I am currently in the contraceptive pill, but its not really working and the more acne i get, the more marks i have on my skin.
I am really desperate as this is affecring my confidence. Is there a treatment that you can recommend for me that would work? I have heard about neostrata, but i have used so many products before, none of them works.
Please recommend a treatment for me, that would make my scars lighther or take them away completely.

Dear Nicky
The only way to remove scars is with micro dermabration or laser therapy . It may be worth your while to see a dermatologist at a provincial hospital or academic hospital near you if cost is a factor.