Question
Posted by: Woman | 2004/01/21

neither single nor married

my ideal relationship is one where I live alone, but see my guy every other day or so, sometimes sleeping over, either at my place or his. Some weekends away together, some holidays together, or not, if need be.

I am a 39 yr old oddball, happy with her own and her cat's company, but crave a relationship I can be comfortable in. So far, all of them ended quite disastrously.

Do I have intimacy issues, or is my 'ideal relationship' not that abnormal meaning I might meet somebody who would like that kind of arrangement as well?

Dear Woman,
There's nothing "abnormal" about what you feel you want, though one is more likely to find a cat that would appreciate it, than a man. Yes, there could be a man who'd like something similar, and he just might be the sort of man you might enjoy the "together" times with. But the odds are probably rather longer against the two of you finding each other, than for finding a nice guy who'd like one of the more regular relationships. But, hey, there's quite a few of us oddballs around, so you could get lucky !

1
Posted by: Qwan | 2004/01/22

Dont think theres anything wrong with you, indeed that sounds like my kind of relationship, not that i have one now but if i were to that would be perfect.Let me know when your single again.

Reply to Qwan