Question
Posted by: Nana | 2007/12/11

Negativity

I have been reading some of the advise given here and the majority of it is so negative.

Why is it that people are like this.... always saying to leave the guy or girl and not really give an option to work things threw, surely our society hasnt given up on everything even love !!

This is why the divorse rate is so high, people give up far to easily, its easier to leave someone than work threw your differences. This is so so sad!

I really hope and pray things are different

I think if you'll watch my advice over a period of time, you;ll find that generally I recommend that a couple ( which is what you seem to be talking about ) should try mariage / relationship counselling to try to sort things out, except where this is impossible because an aggressive and problem-causing spouse or partnwer refuses to take part in counselling, or where, as is quite often the case when problem are presented here, the situation is viiolent or in other ways risky.
I do agree with ou that people do often seem to be ready to give up too easily, and i bothers me that so many seem not to have even considered a counselling option themselves.

2
Posted by: Maria | 2007/12/11

Nana, I think some give up too easily (especially if they are married), but some don't give up soon enough. I often shake my head in wonder at people (especially women) who stay in abusive relationships because they love the guy so much. Love, if not reciprocated, is a painful thing.

I've also seen someone post the same story twice, highlighting different aspects, and getting opposite advice. A lot depends on what the person puts in the post and how they phrase it. Unfortunately in this medium there is obviously no body language to go on, and no direct interaction. And the life experiences of the people who reply also play a role.

Why don't you reply more often and state the positive case?

Reply to Maria
Posted by: Nana | 2007/12/11

Yup that is what im saying!

Sorry CS wasnt really meaning that you give negative advise, was talking about all the other ppl out there.

Reply to Nana