Question
Posted by: Louisa | 2004/09/20

Negative HPT but still no period??

Hi all,

Haven't been on the site for a while because I don't always have access to internet. We are ttc after I had a miscarriage in March. My period was suppose to start Sat. but still nothing. My cycle is usually lately 28 to 29 days. Today is day 31. I have the usual pms cramps but with no discharge. I did a hpt this morning but it was negative. My period has never been this late. Did I test too soon? If so when should I re-test later?

Thnx all

It is possible that you did test too soon or that your period is delayed for other reasons. Suggest test again in a week.

3
Posted by: Louisa | 2004/09/21

Hi all

Thanks for the replies. Still no period. The last time I was this late when I found out I was pregnant. I also started miscarriaging this day as well. My mind is in a spin. If period doesn't start tomorrow I will go for a blood test. Will let you know.

Good luck to all ttc and preggie ladies.

Louisa

Reply to Louisa
Posted by: Renira | 2004/09/21

Hi Louisa,

I think that you should wait for a while before testing again. I had the same thing happen to me last month. After a regular cycle of 28 days for the passed few months, I had a 32 day cycle.

Nothing can shatter you more than a negative result when you have psyched yourself into thinking that it is possible - could it have finally happened to me.

I pray that things work out for you.

Renira

Reply to Renira
Posted by: Jane1 | 2004/09/21

Maybe you should go for a blood pregnancy test? My home preg test showed negative even five days after the blood test had confirmed I was indeed pregnant.
Good luck, and let us know how it goes.
Jane

Reply to Jane1