Question
Posted by: sue | 2003/01/28

NEEDLES & PINS !

HI DOC
THE PAST THREE MONTHS I AM EXPERIENCING A NUMBNESS IN MY HANDS & FEET ESCPECIALY AT NIGHT, I WAKE UP WITH THIS FEELING, LIKE NEEDLESS & PINS, ALSO IT HAPPENS SOMETIMES DURING THE DAY, AND THIS IS HAPPENING MORE OFTEN NOW, PLEASE BE SO KIND AND ADVISE WHAT COULD BE THE COURSE OFF THIS AND ACTION TO BE TAKEN,
YOUR ADVISE WILL BE MOSTLY APPRECIATED

THANKS

Sue, it might be due to an electrolyte disturbance (sodium, potassium, magnesium, etc.), a problem with the blood flow or even a problem with the nerves supplying those areas. You can try taking something like Slow K® and/or Slow Mag® and some table salt every day for a week or so, but if it doesn’t clear up the best would be to see your doctor. Good luck.