Question
Posted by: Sue | 2008/01/07

Needles and Pins

Hi Doc,

I have had needles in pins in the arms and hands for the last 4-6 (not sure) months. It comes and goes.

I have been on Microdanton (for UTI's, as prescribed by my Urologist) for about 4 months now. Could that be a side effect of the medicine or what else could be wrong? I have faint pains in the left side of my upper body sometimes. Won't say that it is my heart, but it is in that area. I had a EKG about 2 years ago which showed everything as normal. Don't know if that is related.

Thank you.

Hallo Sue
You may have carpal tunnelsyndrome or a nerve in the neck that pinches - it is also a rare side effect of Macrodantin. Rather let your GP have a look.

1
Posted by: Isabel | 2008/10/08

I move house this weekend and worked very hard. I did things like drilling and fastened skrews, things that I not normally do. My hands is very sore and if I lft them on my table to type it goes dead. What can I do. It is very painful in the morning when I wake up. My medical aid benefitblock is already full, So doctor is out. Help me please!!!.

Reply to Isabel