Question
Posted by: PUDDLE | 2006/04/07

NEED URGENT ANSWER PLEASE!

I USE TO TAKE GLUGOPHAGE FOR MY HIGH INSULIN AND LOST 21KG, HAD MY INSULIN UNDER CONTROL FOR A COUPLE OF YEARS NOW, BUT NOW IT IS VERY HIGH AGAIN AND MY GYNAE PRESCRIBED METFORMIN HCI 500FC 500MG.
IS THIS THE SAME AS GLUGOPHAGE, AND DOES THESE 2 TABLETS DO THE SAME THING? WILL I LOOSE SO MUCH WEIGHT AGAIN?
I AM TTC AND THE GYNAE SAID I SHOULD BRING THIS UNDER CONTROL FIRST...WOULD MAKE IT EASIER TO CONCEIVE.

YOUR HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

THANKS

Glucophage and metformin are the same thing. The one is the medical name and the other the trade name.