Posted by: Justine | 2005/12/05

Need ur help URGENT!!!!

Hi, my uncle is very sick, he has something called fits (sp), he cant walk a distance without assistance, and he just falls for no reason & starts to shake uncontrolably & then siliva starts coming out of his mouth, he cant hold anything, not even a cup coz he just shakes & and shakes like he is feelin cold the doctors have given him all different kinds of tablets & nothing helps I think they dont know whats wrong with him, he is so week & his HIV tests came back negative, Please please if anybody can help on info on what I can do to help him or where I can take him I would really appreciate it.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Justine,
Please let me know in what area you live so that I can refer you to a neurologist nearby? He needs to be seen by a specialist and maybe even admitted to hospital.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Justine | 2005/12/05

My uncle is 38, & the problem is that I live in Gauteng & him in Mpumalanga at home so I can only take care of him on weekends & some I dont go home. And he is on medication but it doesnt seem to help.

Reply to Justine
Posted by: ~Wings~ | 2005/12/05

Fits or epilepsy?
If he's epileptic, he should be on medication.
He should also be taken care of in his old age, which it sounds like you are doing. How old is your uncle??

Lets see what cyberdoc has to say...


Reply to ~Wings~

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.