Question
Posted by: Ryan | 2007/03/12

Need to lose weight for swimming party!

Hi there,
I have been pretty lazy this month. I am male and my weight is 85kg's. I have a body fat ratio of 28%.
The thing is that I have a swimming party at the end of the month and want to look good for it.
I need to lose about 5 kilo's
Do you have some suggestions for me to do this in a healthy way...I need to lose as much as possible!
Pleasee help!!

Hi Ryan

Apologies for the delay in replying to you - it's been a very bush week.

Unfortunately, I don't have great news for you, because you have only 2 weeks to lose the weight, and I'm afraid that it's just not possible to lose 5 kg in only 2 weeks. Even 2 months is too shrot to aim for this sort of weight loss, healthy or unhealthy, and so there's not much you can do at this late stage, unfortunately. IN the long term, I am sure that you would be able to lose this weight, but it will take a sustained, long term effort - my goal, if I were doing this, would be to lose about 5 kg by end of May, then keep it up in winter and look good in summer.