Question
Posted by: Stephanie | 2004/10/26

Need to lose 25kg's

I need help with what excercises and foods to eat as I really need to lose about 25kg's, in the best possible way and what would work effectively. Thanks!

Dear Stephanie
To lose weight need to reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss' , ‘The right approach' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of a such a diet), and increasing your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life). While you are on the ‘Weight loss' site, read about every aspect of slimming (Diet pills, slimming aids, psychological aspects, etc) by surfing on this site.

2
Posted by: Jenna | 2004/10/26

Agree with Rene. Just to add, make sure you have a healthy breakfast in the morning, fruit, yougurt and museli, toasted wholewheat bread etc. If you are hungry don't deprive yourself, have a healthy snack, fruit, veggies, yougurt. And most importantly, you HAVE to get some form of excercise in your daily routine, I strongle believe that it is the key ot losing weight. Good luck

Reply to Jenna
Posted by: Rene | 2004/10/26

Drink 2L water a day, 5 servings of fruit & veg a day and wholegrain, wholewheat carbs, Stay away from refined, sweetened things, and sugar. Cut off fat from all meats, dont eat the chicken skin. Cut back on oils, & use olive oil instead. Also stay away from deep fried goodies. You can have ur favorite food now and again, but don't over do it. Dont deprive yourself, because eventually when you get to eat the foods you crave, you'll over do it! 30 minutes of exercise a day is advisable. Best of luck!

Reply to Rene