Question
Posted by: Fat and Depressed | 2004/01/22

Need to loose lots of weight

I've tried various diets and have lost weight, but have gained plus more. Presently I weigh 100 kg and my length is 165. I think I need to loose approx. 35kg. I am 40 years old. I am trying my own diet, but is not losing as I would like too:
Breakfast: Oats / Fat free yogurt with muesli.
Lunch: Salad (lettuce, tomato, cucumber, mushrooms and occasionally a few cubes of cheddar or feta)
Supper: Protein portion, salad, veggies.
I have fruit as a morning snack and afternoon snack.
What am I doing wrong?

Dear Reader
Your present BMI = 36,8 which is very high. If you have this tendency to regain lost weight and to have extreme difficulty in losing weight, then I would urge you to have a complete medical checkup to see if you are not suffering from an underlying hormone problem, such as insulin resistance. See what the tests show and if you should be insulin resistant, then Please consult a clinical dietitian who will help you plan your diet and take the insulin resistance into account. Check the List of Dietitians on this Website or phone 082-593-0276 or send an e-mail to sscharf@nhcltd.com or look in your local telephone directory or Yellow Pages, to find a dietitian in your area. You will require a low-fat diet based on foods with a low glycaemic index (GI). Regular exercise also helps to control this condition, so think of joining Walk for Life or a good gym once you have lost some weight and find it easier to exercise.
Holding thumbs that you find out what is preventing you from losing weight.

3
Posted by: wishingsatyr | 2004/02/29

plz tell me how to loose weight.
i m a 21 yr old girl weighing 60kg with height of ab't 5ft2inches.i need to loose atleast 15 kg weight.plz help me

Reply to wishingsatyr
Posted by: angel | 2004/01/22

You need to consult a dietitian to get to bottom what is causing you to be overweight maybe you are taking the wrong approach maybe your diet is not working because your weight might be caused by something either than food. Have you tried exercising? It could also be a chemical imbalance hence only a professional can help you put it off and keep it off. There is no overnight solution but don't loose heart keep on trying.

Reply to angel
Posted by: sunshine | 2004/01/22

please don't be discouraged. i'm sure that you will see results if you stick to this programme. it sounds like the right way to go. you should however do some form of exercise. start with a brisk walk & take it from there. but i wouldn't advise any of these diets on the market. its only temporary solutions. also try to drink 2L of water per day. my weight is at 85kg & i'm 168. i need to lose at least 15kg. im just trying to choose healthier options & to get exercise wherever possible (using the stairs at work). i've read that it's actually better to lose weight slowly because then you have a better chance of keeping it off!! Sterkte.

Reply to sunshine