Posted by: juils | 2008/09/04

need to loose

Morning. I am 25 yrs, 5ft1 and weigh 55kg. Was on the 3mth injection but noticed I started gaining weight on it. Also stopped smoking - contributed to the weight gain. Use to weigh between 48 - 51kg. Now - have ' orage peel'  and a ' flabby'  tummy. I have one child (C-section). Went back to my normal wieght after her birth. Only started gaining now after the injection and non-smoking. Off the injection and started taking the pill again this month.

Don' t want to start smoking again, but seriously considering it if I can loose that extra weight. I tried a soup diet - but couldn' t do it - was absolutely terrible. I am active, but not one that goes to gym religiously - exercise on my healthwalker and exercise ball. Please advise on what I can do to loose that ' orange peel'  and those few kg' s.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageDietDoc

Dear Juils
Your present BMI = 22,9, which is very close to the ideal of 22 for which you would need to weigh 53 kg, so you are not actually overweight. Stopping smoking will benefit your health so greatly that you should not every contemplate starting again. Female hormone treatments can cause weight gain or loss depending on the individual and/or the type of hormone used. The soup diet is not the way to lose weight as it is far too restricted and unbalanced. If you cut down on fat intake moderately you will lose those 2 kg and not starve your body. Click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of a low-fat, high-fibre diet that you can use for this purpose. Also exercise more regularly - 30 min a day if possible and do exercises that target the problem areas. There are also products that may help for the orange peel appearance. You can contact Lilian Terry International at (021) 361-2606 and ask about their Cellulito Aromeopathic Complexes.
Best regards

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.