Posted by: Itchy | 2007/03/06

Need to know if this is a yeast infectio

Please help! I have been itchy for a couple of days now, started using a vaginal cream, but it doesn't seem to be working and my boyfriend says he had red sores on his penis which have gone away. Can a yeast infection cause him to have sores???? And how do I get this damn infection away? If it's not a yeast infection, what the hell could it be? It's really VERY uncomfortable.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

Yeast infections can causes sores on the penis. If the cream is not working, it may be another type of infection, not a yeast and you will have to see a doctor to make a diagnosis.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Maya | 2007/03/06

A yeast infection very rarely results in physical symptoms in men, apart from maybe a bit of itching. I suggest you see your doc for a pap smear to confirm what the infection is:)

Reply to Maya

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.