Posted by: Berry | 2004/01/21

Need to go to gynae

Iam 21 and ive been sexually active for a while now. ive been scared to go, but i feel its definetly time. Please help me to find one in the sandton area. iam not too worried if its a male or female.
Also not one that will cost me an arm and a leg.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

I cannot give recommendations on this site. Please check the Find a doctor section.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Belle | 2004/01/21

I dont know any gynaes in the area, but when you phone for a appointment ask if they are contracted out or not. If not you will pay medical aid rates. If they are they can charge what they like. My gynae is contracted out and charges about R700-00 for a consultation which includes all the tests they do.

Reply to Belle
Posted by: sam | 2004/01/21

You really must go. There is really nothing to be scared of and its over before you know it. Tell your gynae its your first time and he/she will be considerate and extra sensitive.

All gynae's cost about the same, I think, and your medical aid should pay a portion. Best thing is to ask your friends for suggestions (word of mouth works best and they can tell you if he/she is nice). I've heard Dr White at Morningside is nice.

Reply to sam

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.