Question
Posted by: Berry | 2004/01/21

Need to go to gynae

Iam 21 and ive been sexually active for a while now. ive been scared to go, but i feel its definetly time. Please help me to find one in the sandton area. iam not too worried if its a male or female.
Also not one that will cost me an arm and a leg.

I cannot give recommendations on this site. Please check the Find a doctor section.

2
Posted by: Belle | 2004/01/21

I dont know any gynaes in the area, but when you phone for a appointment ask if they are contracted out or not. If not you will pay medical aid rates. If they are they can charge what they like. My gynae is contracted out and charges about R700-00 for a consultation which includes all the tests they do.

Reply to Belle
Posted by: sam | 2004/01/21

You really must go. There is really nothing to be scared of and its over before you know it. Tell your gynae its your first time and he/she will be considerate and extra sensitive.

All gynae's cost about the same, I think, and your medical aid should pay a portion. Best thing is to ask your friends for suggestions (word of mouth works best and they can tell you if he/she is nice). I've heard Dr White at Morningside is nice.

Reply to sam