Question
Posted by: Bella | 2007/04/01

Need to get on with my life

I posted a problem about a week ago when my b/f left to go to England for 8 months and asked if it's possible to have a long distance relationship for so long. Anyway, we broke up on Tuesday because it was too hard for both of us. It was causing us so much pain. We both really want to get back together when he comes back in December but how can we keep that 'connection' we have going. Even though we're just friends now and we're staying in contact, I don't want us to lose that connection we had. I'm scared he's going to come back and not feel the same way about me anymore. He was the one who suggested we try the long distance thing but he was also the one who broke it off. I'm so scared he's going to meet someone special there and not want me anymore when he gets back. How can I get over this and carry on with my life so I don't just sit here for 8 months hoping we'd get back together? 8 Months isn't that long, but right now it seems like a lifetime and anything can happen in that time and I've already convinced myself that he's going to meet some amazing girl while he's there and not want to carry on our relationship. Even if he just sleeps with another girl there I'd be completely heartbroken. He said he wouldn't let one night of passion ruin our chances of getting back together. Part of me truly believes that but the other part is convinced he's going to have as much 'fun' as he can. I don't know what to do, I don't want him to come back and we get back together then I hear about how he kissed this girl, and slept with that girl. It'll really tear me apart. Please help!

Hi Bella,
In the interim, both you and he will grow, mature, have a range of experiences. You may or may not feel the same about each o0ther ; maybe less, maybe more. And I assume that his purpose in going overseas isn't to seek other women, passion, or as much "fun" as he can --- couldn't he get enough of that sort of "fun" right back home, if he had wanted it ?

1
Posted by: Bella | 2007/04/01

I guess you're right. His purpose to go overseas is to work and travel and the reason why he's coming back at all is because of me. So I guess I shouldn't be worried. I just wish I could stop thinking about him and get on with my own life and not worry the whole time what he's up to or wait for him to sms me or something. If there's an easy way of doing this, please let me know!

Reply to Bella