Question
Posted by: Pluto | 2007/05/29

Need serious help with dog please!

My four month old boerboel female is giving me gray hairs at the moment! She really is a lovely dog though, but she has learned a terrible habit that I can't seem to get her out of. She has an inside pillow that is there for her to sleep on when she is inside (we bought it for her so that she would stop sleeping on our leather couch!) Alas, she still jumps on the couch and she plays with her toys on her pillow but doesn't sleep on it. The big thing is that she is peeing on her pillow! It doesn't matter how many times I take her outside for a piddle and how many times I wash the pillow, etc. she is still peeing on it!! Its very strange to me that she will pee and 'sleep' in the same place. Any ideas? or should I just get rid of the pillow.

Get rid of the pillow. You need to get some help to train her not to sit on the couch. This may require taking her to dog school to learn some obedience and then using treats to train her to sit elsewhere.