Question
Posted by: Nomsa | 2007/12/01

Need Info please!!!!!

I am 26 and over weight(1.7m tall, 97kg) and I am thinking of visiting a dietrician.I would like to know
1. How much do they cost?(on avarage)
2. what excatly do they do - do they just assume the appropriete diet for you or do the do some tests to see what would be more effective on you? I just don't want to waste my money on something that I can get anywhere and more aspecially for free

Dear Nomsa
I am glad that you are going to see a dietitian who will assist you with the correct slimming diet. Your present BMI = 33,6, which is in the obese range. To get back into the normal range with a BMI of 25, you would need to weigh 72 kg, thus a loss of 25 kg. The fees charged by dietitians vary, so you will have to phone some in your area and find out what they charge. Visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area. The important difference between being treated by a dietitian and using some unbalanced, fad diet is that the dietitian will assist you to change your eating habits and address any additional problems you may have such as insulin resistance, raised blood fat levels, etc. The diets and pills you can get anywhere can be highly detrimental to your health.
You won't regret seeing a dietitian.

1
Posted by: Nomsa | 2007/12/03

Thanks Doc for information. I did visit the adsa web, i will make an appointment coz now im starting to get sick more offen and my skin is becoming dall - i think my weight has everything to do with this.

Reply to Nomsa