Question
Posted by: Carol | 2004/02/04

Need info on depression centres

My Mother has severe depression has been suicidal etc
She is currently being treated as an out patient with medication and no counciling as her medical aid doesn't cover
private care. I personally feel that this isn't enough. But it's a start!!! I would like to know if there are places(Residential) where people with a history of bad depresssion could reside on a semi-permanent basis, like a home away for home where help is on hand if she needed aswell as company to talk to. We have all tried to help her by living with us, but she isn't easy to live with. PS She is currently going through a divorce aswell.
We all love her very much and would like to see her get well again.

Please could you direct me to whom or where I must contact.
Carol

Carol, the best person to ask about a place in your area, would be her psychiatrist. I don’t know of any such institutions, but he might. You can also drop CyberShrink a line and find out what he has to say. Good luck.

1
Posted by: HELP | 2004/02/05

try Open Door in Pinetown 709-2467/8 031-7092466
also Try Hospitals or you pastor

Reply to HELP