Question
Posted by: ANXIOUS | 2004/02/03

NEED INFO ON ANTIDEPRESSANTS

My husband is a long term icu patient after heart surgery and heart attack. (2months so far).

My doctor has prescribed Lorien capsules (anti depressant) to help me cope at this time. I have never in my life taken anti depressants and is terrified of doing so now. I am using Alzam 0.5mg (half of the tablet .25mg) once a day. I do feel down from time to time, but how will this Lorien help? Isn't it natural to feel this way, seeing as this was a sudden episode. My husband not a heart sufferer or so we thought.

Would'nt it be a better option to take say vit b complex to give me some energy etc. I am not suicidal just very "down" from time to time and tired.

regards anxious

Anxious, the Lorien® is safer than the Alzam®. Feeling the way you are is normal and to be expected, but the Lorien® is there to help you cope as the rest of the world is not going to stop and give you the time you need to just sort everything out for yourself. You can stop taking it again after six months or when everything has turned to normal. Good luck.

2
Posted by: anxious | 2004/02/06

Thank u very much for the info. I have decided to take the Loerien tablets for the six months of my prescription.

Thank u again for the prompt reply.

Reply to anxious
Posted by: Keen | 2004/02/04

Lorien is the generic version of Prozac. It is a pretty safe drug to take. You might expect some nausea during the first few days, but that usually passes. The Lorien increases the amount of serotonin in your brain. Serotonin is a chemical that is thought to be linked with "feeling good". Doctors usually prescribe Prozac or any other type of medicine in this class (They are called SSRI's). The choice is yours. You can try the vitamin route, but if it doesn't work, I'd say try the Lorien at least for 3 months and see if it helps.

Reply to Keen