Question
Posted by: Ally | 2007/05/03

Need help - urgently

Things have been very stressfull the past 4 months at my work.( I work 6-7 day weeks) I find myself more depressed, explosive and short sighted. I feel trapped, like I cannot breath and lately I have also lost hope of things changing for the better. I am very emotional and find myself in tears at least once a day at the office. Crying on my husbands shoulder has also become part of my daily routine. I am negative about life and do not get excited about almost anyting anymore. My tiredness will not go away, no matter the amount of sleep. What can I do? I sometimes catch myself wishing that my life will rather just stop.

Whatever else is going on, you sound really over-stressed and over-worked. See a good local shrink, at least a goo local GO, for a full assessment and advice on treatment if this is needed. CBT counselling would be very helpful, possibly aided by some antidepressant medication, too. This situation CAN be a great deal better, and you deserve the further expert help.