Question
Posted by: DEE | 2004/12/11

NEED HELP URGENTLY!

ALSO POSTED ON CYBERSHRINK'S FORUM

Dear Estie

I need help very urgently! My mother is 63yrs of age and in my 29yrs of life she has always been bothered with depression - undiagnosed. She is someone "who does not believe in pshychology" and subsequently has lead a very difficult life. She experiences severe manic episodes. Overall she feels worthless, depressed, experiences insomnia, has recurrent thoughts of death (and during the manic episodes she will do harm to others) and in my opinion she has been part of a lifelong struggle against a series of somatoform disorders (hypochondria, pain disorder).

I am sure you can understand my dilemma, since she's been going through life without any treatment - and it is reaching a climax now. The help I need is your reference to a psychiatrist with a practice in natural medicines, or a naturopath/homeopaht with a background in psychology. It will take a real effort and probably another episode, if I could get my mother to see someone - but I am really desperate at this stage.

I would greatly appreciate your help - I do not feel the time is right to loose my mother now.

Kind regards,
Dee

PS At this stage any recommendation for medication will be appreciated, since I am not to sure that I can convince her to see a specialist in this regard. She lives in Gauteng; is using meds for hypertension, asthma and painkillers.

Expert ImageNatural health

Dear DEE

In JHB please take you mom to see Dr David Lilly. Natura Laboratories will have his contact details, 012 3461230. He is a very well respected homeopath.

In the interim please use Neuroforce and Hyperiforce from the A Vogel range to help her.

All the best.

Estie