Question
Posted by: Smokin'  | 2008/07/30

NEED HELP TO STOP SMOKING

Please help me to stop this habit. I have tried numerous times to quit on my own but failed miserably. Have tried the gum and the patches but no luck. Apart from the health risk I cannot afford the price of cigarettes anymore. I am at a stage where if I have R20 I have to decide what do I buy - cigarettes or bread? I' ll end up buying a packet of 10 and a loaf of bread. I really need to stop. Please help

Expert ImageEnviroHealth expert

You've taken the first step by wanting to stop and looking for help - and as anyone who's quit successfully will tell you, it's really hard to go it alone. The good news is that you don't need to - there's lots of help available. Find the tools and info you need in Health24's Stop Smoking Centre, and log on to Health24's Smoking cessation peer group forum (under 'Experts') for support from others going through the same process.

1
Posted by: gin | 2008/07/31

Hi, seriously this is easy. 5 friends stopped smoking after reading a book. Well this sounds sooo silly I was smoking between 40 &  50 a day. The book costs R130.00 and I decided if it doesn' t work for me well too bad but I' d give it a try. Well &  truly I' m not advertising anything, maybe it doesn' t work for you but it worked for my friends and it worked on me. I' m not smoking for about 5/6 months. It wasn' t important to count days etc. but it is a long time already. Book called Easy Way to Stop Smoking by Alan Carr. Read from beginning to end then either stop smoking or just turf the book - yr choice and good luck!!

Reply to gin